Consider this phrase for a moment - “You were made for a mission!” Every person has been created to make a difference in this earth. What difference are you planning to make? What is your “mission”? Has anybody ever told you that you cannot succeed? Do you believe them? For what purpose have you allowed your dreams to come to a standstill? What has been your reward for doing this?
You may have felt you have lost the right to dream again, but in reality, you never lose that right unless you believe it to be true. Many people have failed in life, but that doesn’t make you a failure. Why? Because failure is an event, not a person. Here are a list of some people who dreamed, failed, but dared to dream again. The results of their continued dreaming I’m sure you are familiar with.
- Walt Disney’s first cartoon production company went bankrupt.
- Elvis Presley’s music teacher at High School gave him a C and told him he couldn’t sing.
- When she was at drama school, Lucille Ball was told that she had no talent and should go home.
- During their first year, Coca-Cola sold a total of only 400 Cokes.
- During his first three years in the automobile business, Henry Ford went bankrupt twice.
- Thomas Edison tried more than 2, 000 experiments before he was able to get his light bulb to work.
- Albert Einstein didn’t start speaking until he was 9 years old.
- Ludwig von Beethoven was deaf when he wrote some of his best music.
- Glenn Cunningham suffered such severe burns when he was 5 yrs. old that doctors told him he would never walk again. In 1934, he set the World Record for the mile.
If you have stopped dreaming, then it’s time you start again. Write your dreams down. Make them wild: What do you really want? What have you been told you could never have? What things are you passionate about that would allow you to leave your mark on the world? What things would you pursue if there were no restrictions on you? Create your written list of dreams. Diana Scharf Hunt once said, “Goals that are not written down are just wishes.” Writing them down will keep them in front of your eyes and make them more achievable.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead. I dare you! Dare to dream.